Minister for Immigration and Border Protection announced that up to 190,000 permanent immigration visas will be available for migrants around the world in the year 2015-16.
The number of permanent visas available will remain the same as it was in the last year, which includes:
- 128,550 visas for skilled profiles who are employer sponsored or from general skilled and business categories.
- 57,400 visas for family immigrants sponsored by their family members living in Australia.
- 565 visas for special eligibility immigrants including former permanent residents who have maintained close business, cultural or personal ties with Australia.
Addition to that, at least 3,485 permanent Child visas will be available outside the managed immigration program.
With all the above program composition, this time there are few changes occurred in the management of Child category visa and Orphan relative visas, which are as follows:
- In order to reform and improve the inter-country adoption process, Child category visas will no longer be a part of the Immigration Program as this visa category need to be carefully monitored till it transform into a fully demand-driven model by 2019-20.
- Orphan Relative visas will now be counted in other Family category within the Immigration Program and 400 visas will be provided in the Orphan Relative category.
Here is a breakdown of the number of visas provided for each visa category:
|Immigration Program, 2015-16|
|Visa category||Visas available|
|State/Territory & Regional Nominated||28,850|
|Business Innovation & Investment Program||7,260|
· Orphan Relative
|Special Eligibility Stream||565|
|Child (outside the managed Migration Program)||3,485|
|Total permanent migration places||190,000|
So, what are you waiting for? Avail this wonderful opportunity of immigration to Australia today! If you wish to make your journey easier right from the initial steps, contact our immigration experts at Make Visas, who can guide you with all the relevant processes and help you reach your dream destination successfully.